Dansk Radio was founded in 1920 by a group of major
Danish ship owners with the purpose of manufacturing and supplying maritime
communications equipment for vessels above 1,600 GRT. Dansk
The first equipment was sold under the brand name, "elektromekano".
Since that time DANSK RADIO has not only developed and supplied a great number of radio transmitters and receivers, but also other equipment has been produced too. Some selection of the equipment produced in early 1900 are shown in Pictures of older transmitters and receivers.
In 1974 the company was taken over by a shipyard, Dannebrog, so the company was then called Dannebrog Electronic. In 1978 the shipyard needed capital, so another shipyard, B & W took over and renamed the company to B & W Electronic. This went on for 2 years. In 1980 the company was got the old name, DANSK RADIO AS back again
From 1989 to 1995 Dansk Radio was a division of TERMA Elektronik AS, and in November 1995 the activities of Dansk Radio AS were taken over by the senior management staff and renamed the company as DANSK RADIO Comm. ApS
Today the main products of DANSK RADIO Comm. ApS. are HF Communication equipment for Industries/Government/Armed forces and On-The-Move broadband long range LOS Communication equipment for public safety and military applications.